Sometimes, monitoring keywords alone is not enough; you need to see all posts from a specific page. For example, this can be a brand's official page or group on social media.
We call these pages "channels." By adding a channel to your topic, you can receive all posts from the channel regardless of other topic settings.
How are posts collected from Channels?
By adding a page channel, you can select the desired time period for your data collection (the default setting is a month).
Then, all online posts and comments from the page will be monitored. The stream update frequency starts at 10 minutes for social media pages and takes up to an hour for other platforms.
How to enable Channels
- Go to "Settings" in the topic where you'd like to include a new channel;
- Select "Channels" in the right-hand menu;
- Select "Add channel";
- Paste a link to your desired channel in the pop-up window (see examples of those links below) and press "Enter";
- Select your desired data collection time period for the new channel (the default setting is a month);
- Press the + button to add the channel.
💣There is no limit to the number of channels for each topic.
Examples of links for channel sources
- Business profiles (post feed with comments, profile mentions in other accounts) - https://www.instagram.com/teslamotors
- Hashtag feed - https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/teslamotors/
💡Before including an Instagram channel, you first need to authorize a connected Facebook Page in YouScan.
- Public profiles - https://vk.com/youscan
- Groups (along with the Discussion section) - https://vk.com/cocacola
- User profiles - https://vk.com/id392562592
While including a Twitter profile, https://twitter.com/YouScan_io, you get a choice of two streams:
- All tweets from this user;
- All @mentions of this user.
- Channel pages (monitoring videos and top-level comments of a specific channel) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrw9--KZPQJ0noalCiPAnAw
- Individual videos (one-time upload of all top-level comments, along with trends for the selected time period) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELxg7r3zxbk
Public channels and chats - https://telegram.me/youscan
To monitor app reviews, you need to specify the country you'd like to include. For example: