Auto-categories help you pick out the most relevant information from a large stream of mentions. YouScan automatically sorts mentions by categories with the help of machine learning.
Examples of such auto-categories include:
- Article, which gives an overview of news stories and other media coverage about your topic
- Promo, which can help you analyze your promotional initiatives
- WOM (word-of-mouth), which can help you listen to your customers and find insights
- Commerce and donation, which filter out irrelevant posts of items for sale or charity requests
How to use auto-categories
1. Navigate to the filter menu by clicking "Change Filter"
2. In the "General" tab under "Auto-category", choose the type(s) of posts you'd like to work on.
You can also set up "Rules" for each auto-category. For example, the software can automatically delete posts that fall under commerce or charity.
List of auto-categories
WOM (word of mouth) - a mention where the user describes their personal experience with the brand: their opinion, actions, desires. These types of mentions are more personal, often addressed to someone specific (a friend, a colleague, the company), and written in a more casual tone.
Article - an informative mention. These are user-generated posts on social media and news stories shared over Messenger, on social media or forums. These mentions include news stories, factsheets, briefs, blog posts and testimonials.
Promo - mentions aimed at audience engagement and brand promotion. These are ads, sponsored posts, instructions, announcements, job postings, and event schedules.
Teaser - headlines, previews and sneak peeks of new content. These types of mentions usually contain links to the full version of the teased content.
Captions - photo and video captions, hashtags.
List - the subject of your monitored topic is included in a list.
Commerce - items for sale, mentions of products for commercial purposes.
Donation - charity requests, fundraising, and reports on various charity initiatives.
Recipe - instructions for food preparation, tutorials.
If you have any questions about auto-categories, send us a chat message or email firstname.lastname@example.org ;)