Navigate to the Links dashboard from the left-hand menu.
Metrics in Links
The Links dashboard displays the top URLs and domain names shared by users in your topic.
You will see:
- The link or host name, depending on which tab you choose;
- Total engagement;
- Number of mentions;
- Mention sentiment: blue for neutral, green for positive and red for negative sentiment.
☝ This dashboard can help you track how a specific link is shared on social media. By clicking on the link, you will see all mentions that shared this URL.
You will see the top links by the number of mentions by default. This allows you to view URLs that are frequently mentioned in posts related to your monitoring subject. To view the hosts (domain names), click on the appropriate tab. This will show you which online platforms often host discussions of your topic.
Sorting links by engagement allows you to see links that resonated with your audience the most. Posts containing these links received the most likes, comments and shares.
You can also view the list of top hosts by engagement.
💡 You can use any YouScan filter to see what kind of links specific user demographics share in your topic.
For example, if you set out to find opinion posts written by men on all social platforms except YouTube (WOM auto-category). The Links dashboard will show you the URLs shared by this group of users.
Here are the TOP 100 links that users have shared. This list can be downloaded by clicking Export CSV.
👉 Filtering is available before exporting.
How to use this dashboard?
This dashboard will help you find out how the link got spread on social media.
Let's look at how many times the link https://reebok.com/us/cardi_b to a new Reebok x Cardi B collection was shared.
1. Open the Topic → Choose Links in the left-hand menu → Set up a filter.
Let's go with Social networks for resource type and the USA for country.
2. The dashboard displays the links that users have shared the most. The more mentions, the higher the link will be in the list. Scroll down to find a specific link. When you click on the link, you will be taken to the mention stream.
3. The link will now appear in the filter. In the mention stream, you see all posts where users have shared a link.
You can also check out how users shared a link to your official website. To do this, go to the Hosts tab and select the desired one.
Got questions? Drop us a line via chat or email email@example.com 😉