- How to start collecting historical data
- What is included in free history collection?
- What is included in paid history collection?
How to start collecting historical data
For smaller topics, historical data for the previous month is collected by default upon the creation of a new topic. You will be notified about whether or not the topic's history is being collected automatically as soon as you create it.
For all other cases (eg. a topic with a large volume of mentions; collection of historical data for a longer time period; history collection after the topic's settings have been changed), you can launch history collection manually.
To launch history collection manually:
1. Navigate to your topic;
2. Go to "Settings";
3. Select "History collection"
4. Select the time period from which you would like data to be collected;
5. Select "Estimate history collection"
6. Wait while an estimate for the number of mentions in your specified time period is generated.
7. Select "Start history collection."
You can check if history collection has finished in the "History collection" section.
⚠️ Don't edit the search query or the topic's filters while historical data is being collected. Any new changes will reset the history collection and you will need to start over.
Free history collection
- The volume of "deep dive" history collections free of charge (data that's over a month old) per 30 days corresponds to the number of topics in your plan;
- Collection date range is up to 12 months from the current date;
- Data volume is not more than 500,000 mentions per topic.
You will receive a notification if your history collection is categorized as a "deep dive" before data collection is launched.
You can control the number of deep dives available to you in the "History collection" section.
⚠️ If you launch history collection in the same topic multiple times (for example, after editing the search query), each launch will count as a separate collection case.
Paid history collection
In all other instances, data collection will come at additional cost, corresponding to the table below. Data can be collected from 2014 onward.
To enable paid collection of past mentions, reach out to us via chat.
️Make sure that the analytical window in your plan allows you to analyze all of the collected mentions.
We reserve the right to reevaluate the capacity to collect historical data in extremely large data sets.
Back data is loaded "as-is"; we can't guarantee complete, clean datasets for periods preceding the start of your monitoring.